Position: Catering Duty Manager
Location: Kent County Ground, Canterbury
Responsible to: General Manager
Main Objectives: The scope and responsibility of the is to provide strengthen in depth to the Catering Operations team and will be required to manage Bar led events being responsible for the delivery of the events, management of staff for the event and post event clear down and securing the premises.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with Catering Management Team to take a role in all aspects of ground set up for hospitality for cricket and non-cricketing events
- To ensure that adequate and appropriate stock levels of wet goods are available for upcoming functions being mindful of the differing needs of events
- To ensure that adequate and appropriate stock levels of Dry/bar snacks are available for upcoming functions being mindful of the differing needs of events
- Ensure high class service offered at all times. Focusing on customer service and satisfaction ahead of ease of delivery
- Be responsible for staff welfare for the events you are running including, uniforms, presentation, briefings and training
- As part of the Catering Management Team to ensure safe storage and maintenance of all catering equipment.
- Working with Catering Management Team to take a lead role in the responsibility for the presentation of room’s pre and post use
- Ensure good order of all non-kitchen back of house areas.
- Ensure that the linen management system is followed so that adequate supplies are available at all times.
- Ensure all function rooms are secured after use and be aware of responsibility of all non catering areas particularly when last on site.
- Report any incidents or concerns to senior management.
- Ensure clear and timely communication with Catering Management Team with regards to all chargeable activities for all events and functions.
- Assist in the setup and operation at all out grounds.
- Limit risk of theft and maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Ensure KCCC is compliant with relevant legislation including Food Hygiene and Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 regulations.
- Ensure that security procedures are produced and adhered to when dealing with cash handling
- Recommend and plan training for all catering staff i.e. first aid, lone workers, drink dispensing etc.
- Exercise care, attention and vigilance towards guests, work colleagues and Club property.
- Work with others in your Department to achieve the Club’s goals.
- Develop a relationship with other Departments and understand their roles.
- Project a positive image of KCCC at all times.
- Any other reasonable duty as requested by the Chief Executive
- Be actively involved with other undertakings as requested by KCCC Senior Management.
- Maintain a flexible approach to changing environments.
- Ensure good timekeeping to support colleagues and the business of the Club.
- Be prepared to take the initiative and be accountable.
- To be appraised annually by the Catering and Hospitality Manager
This job description is non-contractual and is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at time of writing.
Old Dover Rd, Canterbury CT1, UK