To support external clients, ACCL sales, and the Centerplate operational team to ensure clients requirements are fully understood and clearly documented for the successful execution of all events, to ensure space and food and beverage offers showcase Centerplate UK as market leaders
- To build and grow the sales potential by achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Maintain up-to-date files on key local competitors and benchmark packages and pricing accordingly
- Liaison with our clients, customers, suppliers, outside agencies and third parties as necessary to professionally represent the venue
- Deal with all enquiries professionally, proactively and promptly
- Work closely with ACCL event managers to act as a one stop shop for external clients
- Liaise with catering operations, kitchen and front of house staff with regard to all customer requirements & any changes to bookings
- Produce detailed event sheets including all client requirements
- Record the source of all new bookings & develop repeat business
- Manage the event feedback, before during and after the all events
- Ensure that all location documentation is completed to the agreed standard and time scale, and that an effective system is in place for the filing, storage and retrieval of all documents.
- Ensure weekly event sheets are distributed via weekly meeting held every Thursday for the following week
- Produce detail change sheet for any additional information requested last minute
- Ensure Company procedures are fully implemented, including credit checks through head office
- Ensure Company deposit procedures are fully implemented and exceptions documented
- Ensure that Purchase orders are raised for all supplies of goods and services, properly authorized and listed on the PO register
- Record all Sales turnover and costs associated to each individual event and ensure profitability
- Assist the Senior Event Planner with the preparation of information re tentative, provisional and actual sales in time for weekly and monthly forecasts
- Act as main host for your clients when they arrive at site and at key times through the event.
- Act as liaison between client and operational team members to manage change or last minute requests during events
- Work closely with the ACCL Event Managers, Sales and Marketing
- To assist at Companies Major Events when able to do so.
- Attend training courses designed for personal development.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by your manager
- Must be operationally focused – Have experience in a retail environment
- Standards driven with the desire to succeed and operate successful events
- Experience of building strong client relationships
- Good food knowledge and understanding of current food trends
- Attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Effective communication skills
- Detailed orientated with strong administration skills
- Creative and visionary in creating new opportunities to stay ahead of the competition
- Experience in mobilisations or opening of new venues an advantage
- Have previously worked in an Exhibition venue or agency desirable
This job description is non-contractual and is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at time of writing.