Position: Commis Chef
Location: Twycross Zoo (CV9)
Responsible to: Head Chef / Manager
Responsible for: None
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Head Chef, the kitchen team member will assist in the Preparation and service of all sections in the Kitchen, whilst learning and adhering to all company health and food safety legislation.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Informs on a daily basis the Sous Chef on all relevant information on operational and personal matters.
- Sees to it that all food items for the all Restaurants are prepared on time and meet quality and quantity standards.
- Prepares on daily basis food requisitions as assigned.
- Maintaining of cleanliness in all assigned areas, including refrigerators and freezers and completes all due diligence paperwork.
- Performs duties common to position and other duties as maybe assigned.
- Controls cost by minimizing spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising strict portion control.
- Ensure that cost control policies and procedures are followed.
- Attends training sessions.
- Reports any equipment on the section which needs repair or maintenance.
- Ensures freshness and suitability of products used by the section and that they are stored properly.
- Ensures smooth running of section.
- Communicating effectively to team members.
- To be aware of all legislation that is relevant to your work and ensure that all legal requirement are met including: Licensing, Health and Safety at Work, COSHH, Environmental Health, Fire Precautions and any others.
- Adherence to the all Policies and procedures.
This job description is non-contractual and is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at time of writing.
Frogmore Rd, Portsmouth, Southsea, Portsmouth PO4 8RB, UK