Position: General Manager – Heritage Portfolio Division
Location: Arley Hall & Gardens
Responsible to: Operations Director
Responsible for: Sales Executive, Event Planner, Café Manager, Head Chef, and Client
Heritage Portfolio was founded in Edinburgh in 2002 and since then has consistently produced outstanding catering and event services for private party, private dining, wedding and corporate clients throughout the UK. We have also offered exceptional ‘in-house’ cafe services in some of Britain’s leading visitor attractions, where we have developed a loyal repeat customer base. Heritage Portfolio is part of Centerplate, the nation’s fastest-growing event hospitality company serving professional sports clients, convention centres and heritage venues across the United Kingdom and North America.
We are looking for an experienced General Manager for our prestigious contract at Arley Hall and Gardens.
Relationships (Client and Employee)
• Have a proven track record in managing the intricacies of building and sustaining client relationships.
• Monitor the process at site level for regular communication with clients ensuring key information is exchanged where appropriate, keeping a detailed record of all meetings held.
• Drive the delivery of a high performance culture.
• Coach and mentor on site team to achieve operational effectiveness and excellence.
• Take responsibility for reviewing activity at the venue via regular meetings and communication with onsite staff.
• Drive the delivery of a high performance culture.
• Attend client meetings as required.
• Assist in the management of the client relationship to promote the company and maintain a long term and effective partnership.
• Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
• Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence
• Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
• Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
• Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the Finance team
• Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
• Monitor weekly profit and loss and forecasting.
• Report monthly figures to Operations Manager identifying and explaining variances to budgets and forecasts.
• Liaise with Head Office’s Finance Department to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
• Provide statistical analysis of sales and costs in order to drive the business and deliver positive results.
• Target and monitor debt control and follow up.
• Manage and control costs within the agreed budget preparing contingency plans, when and where appropriate
• Achieve and surpass budgets for each financial year.
• Ensure policies and procedures are in place to achieve and support agreed service standards.
• To be aware of and ensure that those responsible to you are aware of all legislation that is relevant to your work and ensure that all legal requirement are met including: Licensing, Health and Safety at Work, COSHH, Environmental Health, Fire Precautions and any others.
• Adherence to Company Policies.
• Take responsibility for the introduction of new initiatives which add value and create an environment for change.
• In conjunction with the Regional Operations team, be aware of market trends and look to implement new service offers and new concepts.
• Work with the on-site Sales Manager and Group Marketing Manager to agree the Sales & Marketing Plan and review quarterly.
Developing People/Working with Others
• Work with the HR Department to recruit, train and manage the performance of the Managers ensuring effective performance in current job and development for the future.
• Provide practical assistance when necessary to promote the smooth running of the business on an on-going basis.
• Coach management teams to achieve operational effectiveness and excellence.
• Conduct regular performance reviews with the team, ensuring appropriate training and development is provided
• Ensure operational activities meet administrative requirements in respect of health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies, and general responsibilities of duty of care as well as company best practice.
• Champion customer focus throughout the business.
• An experienced operator with in-depth knowledge of the Stadia market.
• Experience of both retail and event operations
• A proven leader with the ability to create strong teams.
• A team builder – a creator of strong teams.
• An effective communicator able to succinctly communicate with employees from all levels of the business.
• Be able to handle pressurised situations.
• Have an eye for detail.
• A planner with the ability to action plans.
• Logical, and objective.
• An influencer and persuader.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Natural creative and innovative flair with a genuine love of food and an eye for detail.
• Broad ingredient knowledge, as well as knowledge of local food trends and history.
• Awareness of site capabilities.
• Excellent man management skills, with a desire to share knowledge and best practises.
• Must have both collaborative and directive management skills.
• Must have outstanding communication and presentation skills, including the ability to listen.
• Knowledge of Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook.
• Industry awareness from high street to high end restaurants, and be aware of competitors for benchmarking purposes.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Professional, motivated, driven, flexible and enthusiastic.
• Works consistently to high standards.
• Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
• Ability to innovate solutions and prioritise workload.
• Strives to continuously learn & develop self and team.
• Completes and finishes projects and tasks on time and to brief.
• Able to build and maintain a close working relationship with suppliers and the procurement department.
• Ability to demonstrate a passionate food culture to clients and peers.
This job description and is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at time of writing.
Arley, Northwich CW9 6NA, United Kingdom