Position: Head of Operations
Location: Warner Bros. Studio & Tour
Responsible to: Catering Service Director
Responsible for: Operational Teams
The primary requirements of the role is to support the Catering Services Director in the service and delivery of our contract at the prestigious Warner Bros. Studios and Tour. To effectively manage, develop and coach the site team to deliver company objectives, to maximise profitability and deliver high quality food and beverage operation. Additionally this role requires the post holder to be innovative and understand food and beverage trends.
Roles & Responsibilities
Relationships (Client and Employee)
• A proven track record in managing the intricacies of building and sustaining client relationships
• Monitor the process at site level for regular communication with the Catering Services Director and our clients ensuring key information is exchanged where appropriate, keeping a detailed record of all meetings held
• Take responsibility for reviewing activity within the venue with regular meetings and communication with the onsite operational teams
• Drive the delivery of a high performance culture
• Manage the performance of the Managers through regular performance reviews to ensure effective performance within their current role and for succession planning for the future
• Coach and mentor Managers to achieve operational effectiveness and excellence
• Take responsibility for reviewing activity at the venue with regular meetings and communication with onsite operational staff
• Drive the delivery of a high performance culture
• Ensure business issues are communicated to key personnel, providing solutions where appropriate
• Support managers in compilation of financial information for review meetings
• Attend client meetings as required
• Assist in the management of the client relationship to promote the company and maintain a long term and effective partnership
• Monitor weekly profit and loss and forecasting.
• Sign off trading accounts on monthly basis with Managers.
• Report monthly figures to the Catering Services Director, identifying and explaining variances to budgets and forecasts.
• Liaise with Finance Department to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
• Work with managers to provide statistical analysis of sales and costs in order to drive the business and deliver positive results.
• Ensure financial information for operations/board meetings is provided in a timely and accurate manner
• Work with managers to set and review budgets.
• Manage and control overhead costs within agreed budgets preparing contingency plans, when and where appropriate
• Achieve and surpass budgets for each financial year
• Retain and enhance existing contract. Seek out new business opportunities and pass contacts to Director of Business Partnerships
• Deliver the profit plan for overall business areas
• Seek opportunities to drive sales and reduce costs by weighing up benefits and risks
• Ensure policies and procedures are in place to achieve and support agreed service standards
• Take responsibility for the introduction of new initiatives which add value and create an environment for change
• Develop, extend and build service offer to maximize return to company.
• Working with Catering Services Director and our Client to ensure that there is ongoing activity to promote both the presence of catering and specific initiatives
• Work with the Head of Marketing to agree the Sales & Marketing Plans and review quarterly
Developing People/Working with Others
• Work with the on-site HR Manager and also the HR Director to recruit, train and manage the performance of the Managers ensuring effective performance in current job and development for the future
• Provide practical assistance when necessary to promote the smooth running of the business on an on-going basis
• Coach management teams to achieve operational effectiveness and excellence
• Conduct regular performance reviews with the team, ensuring appropriate training and development is provided
• Ensure operational activities meet administrative requirements in respect of health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies, and general responsibilities of duty of care as well as company best practice
• Champion customer focus throughout the business
• An experienced operator with in-depth knowledge of Visitor Attractions and/or large volume hospitality
• A proven leader with the ability to create strong teams
• An effective communicator able to succinctly communicate with clients and employees from all levels of the business
• Be able to handle pressurised situations
• Have an eye for detail
• A planner with the ability to action plans
• Logical, and objective
• An influencer and persuader. The Head of Operations will need to work closely with the Company’s Senior Management Team and will need to be able to positively influence key decisions.
• High level financial acumen, be able to interrogate complex financial data
• Excellent computer skills particularly in MS Office
• It is expected that the postholder may be required to travel on business and as such must be willing to undertake periodic over night stays
• Relevant management qualification would be advantageous
• Well presented with a good command of the English Language
This job description is non-contractual and is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at time of writing.
Studio Tour Drive, Watford, Leavesden WD25 7LR, UK